This division meets on the third Wednesday at 11:30am of each quarter. Lunch is provided so registration is required!
- The NC Appraisal Board will be conducting a survey soon. Here are some examples of surveys from other states:
- BOAT SLIPS: Important Update! Our discussion on July 20th focused on an issue with boat slips that accompany real estate sales. Some are held by certificate and can be sold separately from the real estate. Due diligence (owner interview, calling the HOA or other neighborhood sources and, importantly, reading the neighborhood covenants) will confirm.
Including the slip when lender has no collateral right may lead to legal fall-out and appraiser inclusion in a lawsuit.
An important point is to not simply take the MLS or advertising description as an accurate legal description of ownership rights. We appraisers need to be on the same page and report the facts correctly….
Purpose of the WRAR Appraisal Division
- Promote ethical and professional real estate appraisal standards.
- Provide a forum to express appraisers’ concerns to the boards of directors and for the boards to request information from the appraisers.
- Offer appraisal education opportunities to appraisers, REALTORS®, the banking community, and the public.
- Provide communication of real estate industry regulations.
- Provide collaboration and social opportunities.
- Promote to the public an understanding of the appraisal process and profession.
For more information and to sign-up, please contact Tameca.