WILMINGTON, N.C. (December 5, 2014) – During its quarterly membership meeting on Wednesday, the Wilmington Regional Association of Realtors (WRAR) recognized several of its members for their superior performance, dedication and community service.
Bobby Jean Harvey of RE/MAX Essential was honored as the 2014 recipient of the Paul Sullins Community Service Award. Bobby Jean demonstrates her commitment to bettering her community through outstanding public service. After fourteen years as a social worker in the foster care system, she founded her organization called Bobby Jean's Kids.
By Jody Wainio, SFR, WHS
2014 President, Wilmington Regional Association of Realtors
WILMINGTON, N.C. (October 22, 2014) – When analyzing eleven major zip codes in our region – 28401, 28403, 28405, 28409, 28411, 28412, 28451, 28480, 28428, 28449, and 28443 – an average of the zip codes for the third quarter of 2014 shows that:
- Our average sales price has increased by 6.9% from year-end 2013.
- Of the 1,396 sellers in 3rd Quarter 2014 – 35.4% paid some sort of concession toward the purchase of the house.
- Our list to sales price ratio for 3rd Quarter is 96.37%, an increase from 96.36% for year-end 2013.
- The average list price of the sold properties is $278,941 and is up 6.9% from year-end 2013.
- The average number of days a property remained on the market for the 3rd Quarter was 109 days, compared to 121 days for year-end 2013.
- The median sold price of $220,000 for 3rd Quarter 2014 has increased 10% from year-end 2013.
WILMINGTON, N.C. (October 14, 2014) - The Wilmington Regional Association of Realtors (WRAR) adamantly supports the upcoming New Hanover County School Bond, which will be on the November 4 ballot. To express the importance and impact of this bond, please watch this commercial/video paid for by WRAR and remember to vote YES for the bond on election day!