Your Local Real Estate Market Analysis
By Jody Wainio, SFR, WHS
2014 President, Wilmington Regional Association of Realtors
WILMINGTON, N.C. (July 21, 2014) – When analyzing ten major zip codes in our region – 28403, 28405, 28409, 28411, 28412, 28451, 28480, 28428, 28449, and 28443 – an average of the zip codes shows for the second quarter of 2014:
- Our average sales price has increased by 5.7% from Second Quarter 2013
- Of the 1,346 sellers in 2nd Quarter 2014 – 34.7% paid some sort of concession toward the purchase of the house.
- Our list to sales price ratio for 2nd Quarter 2014 is 96.23% a decrease from 96.36% for 2nd Quarter 2013.
- The average list price of the sold properties is $281,314 and is up 6.2% from 2nd Quarter 2013.
- The average number of days a property remained on the market for the 2nd Quarter 2014 was 124 days, compared to 127 days for 2nd Quarter 2013.
- The median sold price of $224,900 for 2nd Quarter 2014 has increased 9.7% from 2nd Quarter 2013.
N. C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund Reaches Out to North Carolina’s Military
RALEIGH, N.C. (July 16, 2014) – This year marks the 70th anniversary of the Servicemen’s Readjustment Act of 1944 – more commonly known as the “GI Bill.”
The North Carolina Housing Finance Agency is marking the anniversary by offering financial mortgage prevention help to veterans attending school under the GI Bill. It is a second step in less than a year to make the Agency’s successful N.C. Foreclosure Prevention Fund more user-friendly for the state’s important military population. Earlier, it ensured that returning veterans enrolled in vocational training or rehabilitation programs would be eligible.
WILMINGTON, N.C. (June 26, 2014) – The Wilmington and Beaches Convention and Visitors Bureau has launched a community-wide campaign designed to assist in spreading the word and to celebrate the impact of travel and tourism on the local economy and in the community, businesses and personal lives of the residents and also target visitors while in the area so they can share and reflect on their travel experiences through social media. Learn more via the button below, plus watch and share the #SpreadTheWilm video!